- Fill out the entry form online or print and return by October 19 to Century 21 Judge Fite Real Estate, 121 N 8th St, Midlothian, TX 76065 or to Tony Sanders Real Estate, 117 N 8th St, Midlothian, TX 76065
- A written description of your entry and title must accompany your Official Entry Form. The MDBA reserves the right to refuse an entry that we may feel may be offensive to the general public.
- Scarecrows may not touch the ground; no materials may be put on the ground around scarecrows. The MDBA will supply T-Pole for scarecrows erected at Heritage Park, to which the scarecrow will be secured.
- Affix a permanent, weatherproof sign (8.5 inches by 11 inches) on your scarecrow stating your entry’s title and creator/sponsor.
- In order to qualify for displaying and judging, your scarecrow must be weather resistant. The MDBA reserves the right to remove any scarecrow that does not hold up to the natural elements.
- No perishable goods may be used in the construction of your scarecrow (no pumpkins, squash, etc.)
- The MDBA is not responsible for scarecrows on display. Maintenance is the owner’s responsibility.
- Your scarecrow must be brought to Heritage Park on October 14-20th (between 5-7pm) for setup. No early setup. (A representative will be in the park to give you your entry number and scarecrow location. Scarecrows will be on display through November 16.)
- Prize winners will be announced at 6:00pm at the Midlothian Wine and Arts Festival on November 9.
- Scarecrows must be picked up on November 16th. Any scarecrows not picked up by November 16 at 5pm will be disposed of.
Judged Best Overall – $500/
Judged Best Youth/School Groups – $500
People’s Choice (all entries eligible regardless of category) – $100 + gift card to downtown businesses